To ensure an efficient analysis the software has to be able to work efficiently with all parts in the analysis.
For example, to ensure a good computational model of a complex aircraft can be a very time consuming task, taking days or even weeks without the help of efficient software. Without a high quality mesh generator poor mesh can result in poor accuracy in the solver. Without a suitable solver maybe the problem can not be solved at all or it is solved in an inefficient way taking to long time to execute or it is solved but with to poor accuracy.
The Efield® software environment includes tools so that an efficient treatment of all steps can be performed.
- Efield® has the solution to every stage of the analysis including
- Integrated environment including user friendly GUI
- CAD import of all major formats ( CATIA, CADDS, Pro/E, IGES, STEP, Parasolid, ACIS,DXF/DWG, STL, VDA-FS, ANSYS, Inventor, SolidWorks, Unigraphics)
- Fixing and repair of complex CAD models (gaps, sliver faces, reversed normals, duplicated entities)
- Model building
- Efficient and high quality meshing (volume meshing using Cartesian grids and tetrahedral elements and surface mesh using triangular elements)
- Unique solver technology in both time- and frequency-domain including full wave solution (MoM, MLFMM, FDTD, FEM), approximative (PO) as well as novel hybrid techniques (FDTD-FEM, MoM-PO and MLFMM-PO)
- Unparalleled execution performance on single PC's or parallel processing on multiprocessor computers or clusters of computers
- Flexible and high quality post-processing including graphing of results as well as 3D visualization of surface currents, near fields and far fields.
Efield® integrated environment
The Efield® integrated environment includes tools for model creation, CAD model import, fixing and repair, mesh generation, material assignments to geometry, electromagnetic solver input data creation and result post-processing.
Efield® includes an advanced repository for tools that may be used for alter an existing model in some way or for creating a completely new model. The tools range from those used to building completely new geometry to tools for replacing, joining or collapsing geometry.
CAD import, fixing and repair
Efield® allows the user to import native CAD data from all major CAD systems and formats such as CATIA, CADDS, Pro/E, IGES, STEP, Parasolid, ACIS, DXF/DWG, STL, VDA-FS, ANSYS, Inventor, SolidWorks, Unigraphics
Efield® offers one of the best software on the market for CAD model fixing and repair of complex models. An automatic processing capability for fixing the geometry to a valid well connected surface or solid model eliminates expensive manual CAD model repair and rework.
The Efield® meshing tool provides efficient and high quality mesh generation for Efield® frequency domain and time domain solvers. A range of mesh quality checking facilities is provided to ensure high mesh quality. The Efield® meshing styles available are
- Triangular surface meshing
- Cartesian meshing
- Tetrahedral volume meshing
- Hybrid meshing
Our philosophy is that no single method can be applied efficiently to all required applications.
The Efield® software environment therefore includes a set of different methods that compliment each other in different ways. One way is that one method is more efficient for one application and another method is more efficient for another application. Another way that they can compliment each other is as a hybrid method where one method is more efficient for one part of the computational domain and another method is more efficient for another part of the computational domain. Accurate but less effective methods should be used where they are really needed in the computational domain, and more efficient methods elsewhere. This way a good balance between accuracy and efficiency is achieved.
Examples of use of Efield® methods
- Efficient and accurate analysis of broadband antenna applications using time domain methods where boundary conformal FEM method on tetrahedral grids ensures outstanding accuracy combined with efficient FDTD method on Cartesian grid.
- Efficient and accurate analysis of electrically large scattering & RCS applications using MoM, MLFMM, MLFMM-PO or PO depending on the size of the problem, required accuracy, solution time and available computer resources.
- Efficient and accurate analysis of antenna integration applications on electrically large platforms using MLFMM or FDTD-FEM depending on the size of the problem, frequency range, required accuracy, solution time and available computer resources.
- Common solver environment
- Frequency domain and time domain methods
- Full wave methods (MoM, MLFMM, FDTD, FDTD-FEM) and approximate methods (PO)
- Hybrid methods (MoM-PO, MLFMM-PO and FDTD-FEM)
- Dedicated tool for cavity RCS
- Accuracy and speed
- Serial and parallel processing
Efield® time domain solvers
Efield® frequency domain solvers
- Method of Moments (MoM)
- Multi-level Fast Multipole Method (MLFMM)
- Physical Optics (PO)
- Hybrid MoM-PO and MLFMM-PO
Cavity RCS tool
Efield have very efficient tools dedicated for RCS analysis of very large open ended cavities such as air intakes and exhausts. RCS of the total target including the cavity can be computed using Efield MoM, MLFMM and PO solvers or with a very efficient and flexible domain decomposition method available in Efield.
The domain decomposition tool can be considered as a multi-domain and multi-method scheme that reduces significantly the computation time compared to traditional methods. If design changes or parametric investigation are done only the modified domains needs to be re-computed, the other ones are simply re-used. In traditional methods a geometric or electromagnetic modification requires a new computation of the complete geometry. Read more, PDF.
- Linux (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit)
High Performance Computing
Efield® offers an environment for High Performance Computing (HPC) and High Performance Cluster Computing (HPCC). Parallelization using MPI and OpenMP facilitates the solution of very large problems. The software is well structured, portable, and can be run on PC:s as well as on strongly parallelized supercomputers. The software is available both in Linux and Windows.
The Efield® GUI provides the user with tools to access the simulation results. The Efield® Result Manager provides the user with functions for both 2D and 3D visualization. The simulation results are stored in an efficient database for reducing disk space and provide easy data handling.
Request our white paper giving a detailed description our software here.